Have you noticed your driveway becoming uneven, or your outdoor concrete patio becoming littered with cracks? These are all signs of concrete damage and waiting to fix them could lead to extensive damage throughout your property. Thankfully, FSS has the concrete repair solution designed to fix all of these problem signs – PolyRenewal™, a polyurethane injection system that lifts your concrete back into place.
How Does PolyRenewal™ Work?
PolyRenewal™ requires special tools and training for proper installation. Our team has serviced concrete for thousands of homes around Austin and San Antonio, and here’s what you can expect with this solution.
- Drill Penny Sized Holes: The first step in PolyRenewal™ installation requires our team to drill penny-sized holes into the affected concrete structure. This will allow for precise and smooth injection later on in the process. Thanks to their small size, these holes become virtually invisible once installation is complete.
- Insert Injection Ports and Inject PolyRenewal™: Next, our team uses specially designed injection ports to transfer PolyRenewal™ below your concrete. These injection ports fit perfectly into the penny-sized holes and will not cause damage to your concrete. Once PolyRenewal™ is flowing below your concrete, it begins to expand and lift concrete back into place.
- Wait For PolyRenewal™ to Cure: Polyurethane cures in just 30 minutes, which means it dries and provides unwavering support for your concrete the same day as installation. PolyRenewal™ addresses all three causes of concrete damage by compacting soil as it expands, being waterproof by design, and preventing water vapor from evaporating through the concrete during summer months.
- Seal Surface Cracks: Once PolyRenewal™ is fully dry, our team seals any surface cracks that might still be present with a silicone-based sealant. This sealant won’t break down in direct sunlight and offers even more protection for your concrete. Additionally, PolyRenewal™ comes with a 5-year warranty for extra security so you know your concrete will stay protected even during an emergency.
Why PolyRenewal™ Stands Out
- A waterproof design means it won’t break down during inclement weather or humid days, saving your home from concrete issues.
- PolyRenewal™ can actually protect your yard from harmful chemicals, a useful feature in worst case scenarios like chemical spills.
- PolyRenewal is environmentally friendly, meaning it won’t break down or release unwanted substances into your yard or water supply.
Signs Your Home Needs PolyRenewal™
Pitting, Flaking, and Staining
Concrete damage can appear in a plethora of ways. Pitting, flaking, and staining are all problem signs that indicate something is or will be wrong with the structural integrity of your concrete. Pitting often occurs as a result of errors during the mixing process and may appear as small craters in the concrete. Flaking is when bits of concrete chip and erode from the surface often caused by mixing issues or weather. Staining can be caused by oil from cars, or mold growth for excessive moisture – both of which can lead to further concrete damage.
We’ve all seen a driveway that seemed to be cracked and uneven. Maybe you’ve even driven over one and experienced the negative affects it can have on your vehicle. Uneven driveways a re hazard for people as well, potentially turning into a tripping hazard. PolyRenewal™ levels concrete back into its original position and prevents tripping and damage to vehicles.
If your home has steps leading to the front door, they’re likely supported by a concrete base. This base can experience the same concrete problem signs as other concrete structures and causes steps to become unlevel. This can lead to injury for you and anyone visiting your home, and also lowers the curb appeal of your home. PolyRenewal™ prevents injury and raises the value of your home by lifting unlevel steps.
Unfortunately, sealing cracks with caulk and other store-bought materials fails to solve the actual causes of concrete damage – problematic soil. Sealing concrete on your own only offers a surface fix. While this looks nicer, your sealant will eventually fail as concrete cracks and sinks even more. PolyRenewal™ is effective at keeping concrete permanently stabilized.
That all depends on the extent of concrete damage around your home, and the size of the affected concrete structure. Ballpark estimates place polyurethane injection around $2,400 and $3,600. However, we can’t know the price until we inspect your home. What we do know is that PolyRenewal™ will end up saving you money in the long run since you’ll be avoiding potential injuries and repair costs.
Mudjacking is another form of concrete lifting that was often used in the past and is sometimes used today by many contractors. Unfortunately, mudjacking is much less effective than PolyRenewal™ for multiple reasons. Firstly, mudjacking ends up being extremely messy and takes up to 2 days to dry. Moreover, mudjacking ends up suffering from the same soil issues as before since it uses wet mud to lift concrete back into place. Eventually, mud can dry out or wash away the same way as the original soil did in the first place.
Contact Foundation Support Specialists for a Free Inspection
Our concrete wall and floor repair team in San Antonio has years of experience working with concrete and its solutions. We use American made products that are durable and strong. Our use of high-quality materials like PolyRenewal™ is what makes our concrete repair a permanent solution. Clients continue to turn to us for our impeccable customer service and long-lasting solutions. To learn more about our wall and floor crack repair team in San Antonio, contact us today and schedule a free inspection.