Cracked Pool Deck
In Texas, a swimming pool is often the heart of a home—ideal for cooling down, having fun, and spending time with family. Yet, if the deck around it is cracked, danger and structural concerns can arise.
Cracked pool decks don’t just hurt your home’s appearance; they’re also a big safety concern. Foundation Support Specialists recognizes the need to address such issues promptly.
With vast knowledge in concrete lifting, our team comprises experts at delivering lasting fixes to guard your Texas home from the harm of cracked concrete. This ensures your property remains safe and strong for years to come.
This page outlines why pool decks crack and how Foundation Support Specialists employ top-notch techniques like PolyRenewal™ to bring back your pool deck’s firmness and trustworthiness.
What Is a Cracked Pool Deck?
When we talk about a cracked pool deck, we’re referring to those visible breaks or gaps in the concrete around a swimming pool.
These can be small, barely noticeable lines or bigger, more alarming splits. Not only do they lessen your pool’s beauty, but they’re also risky. They can cause slips, trips, and even injuries.
Cracks can also let water sneak in, causing more harm, mold growth, and a worn-out look.
And, sometimes, a cracked pool deck isn’t the only warning sign of concrete issues. You might spot other signs, including
With time, these can grow into bigger problems and cost more to fix. If you see signs, it’s smart to reach out to a trusted Texas concrete lifting expert like Foundation Support Specialists.
What Causes a Cracked Pool Deck?
While several factors can cause pool decks to crack, the most common causes include:
- Shifting Ground: Over time, the earth below the deck might move. If it wasn’t packed down right before pouring concrete, it could cause cracks later.
- Erosion: Water, especially if it has pool chemicals, can wash away the soil underneath. This can lead to gaps, causing the concrete to crack and sink.
- Tree Roots: Big roots can move the soil and push the concrete up.
- Heavy Rain: Texas gets its share of rain. Too much can wash away or pack down soil, making it tough for the concrete above.
- Temperature Changes: Texas can be hot, but we get cold snaps. These shifts can cause the concrete to expand and shrink, leading to cracks.
- Bad First Installation: If there were mistakes when the deck was first made, it might crack later on.
These same issues can eventually affect a home’s foundation as well, which is why we highlight the need to have experts like Foundation Support Specialists check things out.
Can You Fix a Cracked Pool Deck?
Absolutely! It’s essential to repair a cracked pool deck.
However, it takes more than a quick patch job. Simple fixes too often fail to get to the root of the problem.
For real, lasting results, you need a full solution. This means looking at the whole picture and making sure the real issues are dealt with.
At Foundation Support Specialists, we use special methods to lift and fix cracked sections of pool decks. Our unique PolyRenewal™ foam method is designed to gently lift sunken concrete, giving it the support it needs for years to come.
How to Fix a Cracked Pool Deck
Foundation Support Specialists’ team uses these steps to fix your pool deck:
- Inspection: We take a close look to see what’s causing the damage. This helps us decide how to fix it best.
- Drill Holes: We make small holes in the concrete that’s sunk.
- Put in Injection Ports: These go in each hole so we can get underneath the concrete.
- Mix Foam: We prepare our special high-strength foam.
- Inject Foam: This foam goes in through the ports and under the concrete.
- Lift the Slab: The foam expands and hardens fast. This lifts the concrete back to where it should be.
- Clean Up: We remove the ports and fill in the holes.
- Seal It: All cracks get sealed up to keep water out.
- Keep It Up: Regular checks help your pool deck stay strong.
Our process deals with both the symptoms and root causes of pool deck problems. This ensures your pool deck remains intact and secure.
Why Fix Pool Deck Cracks Now
There are several reasons to handle pool deck cracks right away, including:
- Stopping More Damage: Small problems can turn big if ignored. Fixing cracks early on can save money and trouble.
- Staying Safe: A smooth, crack-free pool deck is safer for everyone.
- Saving Money: Addressing small issues now is cheaper than bigger fixes later.
- Keeping Your Home Looking Great: A well-kept pool area adds charm and value to your home.
For top-tier fixes, trust Foundation Support Specialists. Our tools and techniques are top-of-the-line, ensuring your pool deck is back in tip-top shape.
Reach Out to Foundation Support Specialists for Top-Quality Concrete Pool Deck Repairs
Don’t let a cracked pool deck ruin your Texas home’s charm. With Foundation Support Specialists, you’re in good hands. We bring expertise in concrete lifting, ensuring long-lasting solutions for your pool deck problems. Reach out today for a free inspection, and let’s make your property shine once more.
Texans have counted on us for top-notch pool deck repairs for years. Experience our top-quality service and PolyRenewal™ solutions for yourself. Your home deserves nothing but the best!
If you’re like most homeowners, your home is your biggest investment. That’s why it’s so important to take care of it. One thing you need to watch out for is concrete damage. Concrete is a tough and versatile product, but over time, it will begin to show wear and tear. You may notice your concrete surface […]
Concrete Lifting Comparisons Not all concrete lifting methods and materials are created equal and even the builders of the Egyptian Pyramids had to consider how the sand would hold up all that weight after construction was completed. Concrete has been in use since at least 3000 BC with applications for both residential and commercial projects. […]
There’s no one-size-fits-all solution for “how to fix concrete” because it can break and crack in various ways. Chips, small cracks, and large fissures are three common situations that require fixing cracks in concrete. If you are needing repairs for lifted concrete, you will likely need professional work done. The experts at Foundation Support Specialists […]
Last Modified Date: